So, of course I wasn’t sure if I should address this, or simply begin posting again and act like nothing happened. I’m sorry I fell off the face of the earth for awhile! Life just went in fast forward and I just knew I couldn’t keep up with the blog during that period. First I served as a grand juror for a MONTH, then went back to work for a week, and the following week left to DR for another week. Now it’s already December and I’m just wondering how is time flying by so quickly!?
I have a couple tag posts coming up (tonight) & then hmm a special little post on something I’ve been working on with a few other fellow bloggers! Then of course jumping right into Holiday themed posts! Let’s hope I don’t fall off too much, and can keep up! Gotta work to keep this blog up & running and growing bigger and better than ever! Xo
What better than a tag post to start off this week on a fun & random note?! Let’s jump right into it!
(tag originally found here)
- Name a beauty regimen that you rarely do? Moisturizing my body after a shower. I normally just lotion up the areas that get the most dry & call it a day…and that’s if I remember to do that! Haha!
- Is washing your make-up brushes something that you do regularly? I don’t know if I should answer this! Haha! Okay, Okay…um..it’s not something I do as often as I should.
- How long will you last with chipped nail polish? On my toes, months. On my fingers, um, depends. LOL..maybe about 2 weeks.
- How long will you put off buying/replacing a beauty product, even if you need it? This is not something I skimp on. If I need something, and I have a few extra dollars to repurchase it, I do.
- What is your worst beauty habit? Touching my blemishes. I know you shouldn’t, as it could lead to scarring, but I can’t help it. I want it gone, not just chillin’ on my face!
- Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time? Changing my bed sheets. It’s just SO much work. But, then I remember that I have to be grateful to have a bed, and I quickly get over putting it off.
- When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready to the last minute? I try to plan, to make myself seem like I’m being organized, but I always end up behind schedule.
- Can you commit to spending bans? 100% no. LOL. Something I’m trying to work on is my willpower. I suck at changing my habits!
- How organized are your make-up and nail polish collections? My makeup is in a huge case my aunt got me for my birthday last year, & my nail polish is all in a drawer, so I’m gonna say..pretty damn organized!
Feel free to tag as many people as you’d like! I tag: Valerie | Brianna | Kat | Rossy
Tagged the first 4 I see in my reader, but please feel free to do this tag even if you’re not tagged & let me know, in the comments below, so I can read your answers!! xo
Pinterest is this magical little website that has LOADS of tips, tricks, recipes, and crafts all balled into one! It’s amazing. I use Pinterest for almost everything & I have no shame in that whatsoever. What’s amazing is that a lot of the pins on the site are uploaded from fellow bloggers! So you get to learn something new, while finding new blogs to follow as well!
One of the tricks I learned about 2 months ago from this awesome site is that by sprinkling cinnamon into hot oil before you fry something, it stops it from splattering all over the place! If you know me, you know I’m terrified of frying food because I hate the splattering. I tend to fry food while holding a HUGE, clear, pot holder as my shield. When I read about this trick, I knew I had to try it out.
Now I know what you’re thinking…WHAT? CINNAMON? NO WAY. Trust me. IT WORKS! I thought the same, until I decided to put it to the test. I can admit that, so far, I’ve only used it when frying eggs. It splatters, but not as heavily as it would without the cinnamon.The eggs don’t pick up the cinnamon flavor (side note: sometimes it does, depending if you accidentally get a little heavy handed when sprinkling) and even if it does, with a sprinkle of salt & pepper before or after cooking, the cinnamon flavor is masked.
I’m going to use this trick when I fry things such as meats and other things, and see if it works just as well. I don’t suggest doing this for deep frying, I don’t think it’ll work in that case. Use this trick simply for shallow frying.
Have you heard of this trick?? Let me know if you know any other tips for frying as well! xo
My fabulous friend Valerie just nominated me for the Sunshine Blogger Award which I’m super thankful for; we all know I love tag posts! I know I tell you this all the time, but definitely check out Val’s blog! Super chic, and she posts weekly! If you want someone who’s consistent, friendly & runs an excellent blog, she’s the one to follow!
- Thank the person/people who nominated you.
- Answer the questions from your nominators.
- Nominate eleven other bloggers and give them eleven questions.
- Like what I mentioned before, this is to spread the love and I’m doing these awards so that we’ll meet interesting bloggers. Please do check out all of the blogs I nominated and follow them if you like.
(Another variation I’ve seen is to nominate 6 people, and give 3 questions & that’s the version I’ll be doing.)
Here are the questions Valerie asked me:
- What’s one thing you love about the fall season? The change of weather!!! I can’t stand summer because it’s so hot and humid! I love the cool breeze in the fall, it instantly makes me happier!
- When you’re feeling down, what do you do to feel better? I listen to music whenever I’m not in the best of moods. Listening to some of my favorite artists and bands always cheers me up.
- What is your comfort food? Pizza. Always and forever.
- Where is your favorite place to be and why? Definitely Manhattan. I know so many people who can’t stand being in the city because it’s always so crowded, and full of tourists, but I love it. I’m a city girl 100%.
- What’s one thing that makes you happy? As Valerie said, it’s going to sound super cheesy, but, One Direction. Just everything about those 4 (almost typed 5.. ) cheer me up instantly.
- If you could travel anywhere right now, where would you go? In the U.S, California; Out of the country, England.
- What is one thing you love about yourself? This might sound silly, but, my ability to say no. I know so many people who don’t know how to tell others no. I don’t do things simply because someone feels I need or should do something. If I don’t feel like it, there’s no changing my mind, so don’t bother.
- What is one thing you love about your blog? Can I choose everything? I love my header, I love the schedule I’ve created, and I love the interaction I have with my readers. Blogging isn’t easy, but it’s definitely worth it all.
- Why do you blog? 1. To escape. Blogging helps get my mind off things when I’m stressed and/or upset. 2. For the interaction. I love meeting new people, making new friends and sharing my tips/tricks and/or advice with the world.
- Name 3 things you can’t live without. These types of questions are always so hard. 1. Family 2. Makeup 3. Laptop
- What are you looking forward to this weekend? Probably grocery shopping. I’m working on going back to this healthy lifestyle journey I’ve been on for the past few years. I know I say this like every other month, but I really need to try my hardest.
My nominees are:
- Carlynn @ Carlynn’s Blog.
- Anna @ Bee Beauty.
- Arielle @ With All My Affection.
- Devyn @ Devyn Cox.
- Diana @ Diana’s Adventures.
- Brey @ Ordinary Adventures.
Here are my questions:
- What’s your favorite childhood memory?
- Who is your blogging inspiration?
- What is your favorite family tradition?
- Besides blogging, what is your favorite hobby?
- What camera do you use for your photos?
- If you could change one thing about yourself, what would it be?
Hope you all have fun with this post! I changed it up, as usual. I posted 6 questions instead of 3 or 11 and I nominated 6 bloggers instead of 11! Even if I personally didn’t nominate you, feel free to post this on your blog and tag me! I’d love to read your answers!
You know those days when you’re just so tired that you question how you’re even functioning throughout the day? Yup, that was me today. When I woke up, I could barely get out of bed.
I didn’t want to take a shower, let alone get dressed and brush my hair. It was all too much. But of course, I mustered up some energy and managed to get myself ready. While at work, I felt fine. I wasn’t yawning every second, and I didn’t run to the coffee pot when I walked in, which is a good sign. When it came to around lunch time, that’s when I started getting weird. I burned something, and was pretty clumsy. I made it through the day, and couldn’t wait to come home.
I thought it’d be a fun idea to attempt making some garlic knots and record the process. Wrong. I royally screwed up the dough, and just made a big ol’ mess for nothing because everything that was in the mixer, ended up in the garbage. After stressing with the attempt at baking, I realized it was time to call it quits. I heated up some leftovers and cooked some pork chops to have on the side. I’m so tired, I don’t even know how I’m even typing this blog post right now! (I hope it’s not one big ramble!)
Now it’s time to cuddle up in my sheets and relax before I finally drift away to sleep! Hope you all had a better day than I did. 😛 I just thank God I lived to see another day, in good health & with good company. Always be grateful for your blessings! xo
Every few posts I publish, I gain more followers. That excites me because it means people are coming across my blog and posts, and actually deciding to push that little follow button in my sidebar. It means I’ve written things that are actually attracting people, which makes blogging worthwhile!
I’ve decided that once I reach 100 followers, I’m going to do a giveaway for my readers. The rules and method of entry will be simple, but I’m sure picking the winner will be the hardest part. But let me not stress about that just yet, it’s not time. I’ve officially reached 60 followers! To me, that’s a big deal. After a month of consistent blogging, I’ve gone up at least 10+ followers, that means I’m doing something right..right? haha!
I will be shopping for the giveaway prizes myself, however, if anyone who happens to come across this page, would like to contribute to the prize haul, be my guest! Having your product in the prize box, not only gives your business exposure, but makes the experience much more fun! Let’s collaborate and get the word out there about your merchandise!
If you sell anything that’s handmade, or an item from a brand you’ve created, anything of that sort, send me an email at: WhatJulieSays@Hotmail.com. Or, if you don’t sell anything, but can sew/paint/make something for this, also send me an email! I’d love to collab with other bloggers on this!
Hey guys! This week I was more prepared than ever for my Tasty Thursday post! I took my pictures in advance, which I staged of course, & edited, and have been waiting to upload all week!! The day is finally here lol!
Here’s how to make super simple shrimp spring rolls. First, take your thawed, deveined & peeled shrimp and add it to a pan with the following ingredients.
Season your shrimp. You don’t want to overdo the seasoning, because you don’t want the flavors of the roll all to overwhelm each other. So keep it pretty basic.
Once the shrimp is done, cool them prior to slicing them. I sliced mine in half because I didn’t realize I bought jumbo shrimp. So if you’re not using jumbo shrimp, don’t worry about slicing them. Now onto the wrap ingredients.
Feel free to fill yours with whatever you like, this is just some of the ingredients I had on hand. (Also, because I’m still a newbie blogger, I forgot to take a picture of the spring roll wrappers that I used sorry!)
Moisten the wrap to make them pliable. Lay it on a flat surface. Add your shrimp, then a little of each other ingredient. Pull over the top of the wrap, tuck in the corners and rolll (like a burrito!)
Tada! They’re not perfect, because those wraps are super hard to work with haha, so they kept ripping! However, they were super refreshing and delicious!! If you have any recommendations on other things I should wrap into a spring roll let me know! These were super fun to make. & If you try this at home, leave me a comment below!